B.Sc. Mathematics, Hooghly Mohsin Govt. College, University of Burdwan.
M.Sc. Mathematics, University of Burdwan.
Ph.D. (Science), Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (Formerly Bengal Engineering Science University, Shibpur)
My research is focused on the development of a high resolution operational ocean forecast and reanalysis system, which integrates ocean simulation, observation, and analysis to study the role ocean physics plays in marine environmental health and ecosystem functioning in the coastal ocean and adjacent deep sea.
My research interests include,
1. Physical-biological interactions in the Indian Ocean 2. Biogeochemical cycling of carbon and nitrogen in the ocean and estuaries 3. Dynamics of boundary currents and shelf circulation 4. Ocean circulation and its role in the climate system
If you've recently completed a Post Graduate degree in any of the Physical Sciences (Physics/Applied Physics/ Atmospheric Sciences/Meteorology/Oceanography/Geophysics with Meteorology as one of the subjects/Climate Science or equivalent subjects) or Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics/Applied Mathematics or equivalent subjects) disciplines and are interested to pursue doctoral research in Ocean Modeling, I strongly urge you to apply. You will be someone who is motivated, has fresh ideas and perseveres at your research. Send me a CV along with a brief outline of your research interests and what you will like to do in INCOIS. Candidates should have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by CSIR/UGC (including Lectureship) or similar national level tests including, but not limited to, GATE, INSPIRE etc.
If you've recently completed a Ph.D. degree in any of the Physical Sciences or Mathematical Sciences disciplines and are interested in pursuing advanced research in Ocean Modeling, then you may apply for a Research Associate position of INCOIS.
1. Scientist E, since January 01, 2020 Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services, Hyderabad.
2. Scientist D, since January 01, 2016 to December 31, 2019 Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services, Hyderabad.
3. Scientist C, during February 06, 2012 to December 31, 2015 Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services, Hyderabad.
4. Guest Lecturer September 12, 2011 to February 04, 2012. Institute of Radio Physics and Electronics, University of Calcutta.
5. Assistant Professor (January 27, 2007 to February 02, 2012) Department of Mathematics, MCKV Institute of Engineering, an AICTE approved and MAKAUT, WB affiliated College.
6. Academic Counsellor for the Bachelor Degree Programme July 28, 2008 to February 04, 2012 Netaji Subhas Open University Approved by UGC in Chandernagore Govt. College Study Centre.
1. Fellow - Telangana Academy of Sciences for the year 2020.
2. Associate Fellow - Indian Academy of Sciences (IASc), Bengaluru in 2020.
3. Elected Member - National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI), Prayagraj in 2020.
4. Associate Fellow - Telangana Academy of Sciences for the year 2018.
5. Elected Member - Indian National Young Academy of Science (INYAS; 2019-2023)
6. INSA Medal for Young Scientists
In recognition of my outstanding contributions on modelling of marine ecosystem variability in the Indian Ocean, the Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi selected me for INSA Medal for Young Scientists in 2017.
7. MoES Young Researcher Award
In recognition of my outstanding research contributions in biophysical coupling process in the Indian Ocean, the Ministry of Earth Sciences honoured me with Young Researcher Award in the field of Earth System Science for the year 2016.
Research Scholars Pursuing Ph.D.
1. Jayashree Ghosh, Registered leading to Ph.D. degree under the Faculty of Ocean Science and Technology, Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies KUFOS 2. Madhusudan Paul , Registered leading to Ph.D. degree under the Department of Marine Science, University of Calcutta 3. Rony Peter, Registered leading to Ph.D. degree under the Centre for Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Sciences (CORAL), Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur 4. Trishneeta Bhattacharya, Registered leading to Ph.D. degree under the Faculty of Ocean Science and Technology, Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies KUFOS
Research Scholars Completed Ph.D
1. Kunal Das, Ph.D Science degree awarded on 18-Nov-2019 by the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur 2. Sachinandan Dutta, Ph.D Science degree awarded on 27-Aug-2016 by the Jadavpur University, Kolkata 3. Samadyuti Haldar, Ph.D Science degree awarded on 18-Feb-2016 by the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur 4. Milon Chakraborty, Ph.D Science degree awarded on 15-Dec-2015 by the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur